Sunday 6 April 2014

Divergent Film Review

*** WARNING-SPOILERS AHEAD***

I've been a big fan of the Divergent trilogy since I first started reading the books, so I was obviously very excited to see the film. I've been waiting impatiently since the premiere last week and I have to say I was in no way disappointed! I was always expecting the film to be good, but it was absolutely amazing. Apart from a few small changes it was very true to the book. I loved how they adapted it and the acting was brilliant. The music added a lot of emotion and drama to the film, which I also loved. If the music isn't good it really irritates me. However, I would have been happier if Will had had a bigger part, as the lack of a connection the audience make him dramatically lessens how emotional his death is. Despite this, I still absolutely loved the film, and with book adaptations, it really can go either way. There was so much action involved that when I left the cinema I felt like I could run a marathon and I could hardly sit still on the bus home. Overall, it was much better than I thought it would be. It really brought the book to life and I'm definitely going to consider going to the cinema to see it again. I would 100% recommend that everyone go and see it, but please read the book first!


  


No comments:

Post a Comment